Wednesday, October 10, 2012

16 & 17 months

You've probably noticed that I often don't have time to post, that's because I've recently started my own online business selling paper crafts on an online retailer site called Etsy. I am very busy and have transitioned from a stay at home mom to a full time working mother WHILE taking care of my child. Most weeks I work an average of 40+ hours and there are many late nights spend up preparing and completing orders. My business has been up and running since May of 2012 and I have been incredibly fortunate to have such a great start while also making more than I did at my corporate job! 

Needless to say, we are a busy family now. Gretchen is doing great! Here's a list of things she's doing or saying:

-She puts on her shoes by herself.
-She sleeps in a big girl bed (as of this month) - no more crib.
-She can answer and understand questions "Where is your pacifier?" and she finds it for you.
-She says many different words, asks questions and says silly phrases "okie dokie" is one of her newer phrases.
-She insists on wearing her new sneakers that we bought her...throws a fit if we take them off and won't stop talking about them when she sees them.
-She will not sit in the stroller or shopping cart without putting up a fight, she wants to walk by herself.
-She went on her first amusement park rides at the fair (merry-go-round and train).
-She has developed quite a picky appetite and prefers eating chicken and most carbohydrates. Vegetables and fruit aren't her favorite, so I have to be very tricky with how I introduce them or sneak them into a meal.
-She is still lactose intolerant (we were told to test it several months later to see if she had grown out of it - no such luck, actually seemed worse).
-She is very independent - when she sets her mind to something she will not stop until she is able to do it (even if you tell her no, ha).
-She throws full blown temper tantrums like you've never seen before. She will stop everything she's doing and throw herself on the ground kicking and screaming, especially embarrassing in a public place like the aisle at Target (ugh).
-She tests my limits and knows when to push my buttons (when I say "no, don't do that" she will look at me and smile and then do it just to spite me). She is definitely aware that she can get away with murder with me, I need to toughen up!
-She can slide down the slide without needing anyone to support her and climb through the playground tunnels without help.
-She loves to color and begs to use her Crayons and markers daily (of course we let her any time she asks).
-She loves to play with her dolls and toy kitchen, as well as her Little People set (you should see the collection she has - so big). 

Although I'm not able to dedicate as much time to the blog, I am still trying to keep tabs in my head and actively take photos. Here are a bunch from 16 months - such an awesome month, overall. Every day is a blessing with Gretchen in it. She truly brings our family together and we love her so much.


























That's it for now, but stay tuned for more posts in the future. Santa has already completed all of his shopping for Gretchen -- surprisingly even though she's going through a "naughty" stage she was still on his "nice" list. We love our little girl so much and can't wait to give her happy and wonderful memories throughout her entire life! <3 span="span">

No comments:

Post a Comment