I'm sorry, I'm not trying to purposely ignore this blog, but life is crazy. It's true what they say - life flies when you're having fun with your kids! Gretchen is now 21 months old...insane, isn't it?
Gretchen hasn't been to the doctor's lately, because checkups aren't as often as they were when she was younger. However, she weighed roughly 30 pounds a few weeks ago when sizing her for clothing and was 33 inches tall. She is wearing a size 8 shoe as of this week, so those little piggies are growing fast! She's definitely a healthy girl.
She speaks in sentences - not always, but often. She can piece 3-4 words together, likes to ask questions and greet everyone and everything. She understands questions that are asked, she is extremely sensitive and compassionate of others and expresses emotion like a real person.
She is currently having trouble sharing when it comes to playing with other children, but I have heard this is quite normal at this age. She also isn't around other children often, so I'm sure she will figure it all out as she plays with other children more.
Her and Jack, our dog, have a strong bond and she loves him. They play together all day and when he isn't around she says "Jack, where are you?" which really sounds like "Jack, ewww" in Gretchen's language. It's very sweet how they interact and he has grown pretty good around her!
Here are some photographs from the past handful of months:
No comments:
Post a Comment