Gretchen was born 7 weeks ago. Crazy, huh? Parts of me feel like she has been here forever and other parts of me feel like she was just born.
Every day brings something new to the table. Just when you think you've got this parenting thing down, something else surprises you. One step forward, two steps back! It's okay, though. It's definitely a learning experience! This has got to be the hardest job I have ever had and probably always will be, but it's also the most rewarding job I will ever have.
Not right now, but in the future I really do think I'd like to have another child. As much as I complain about sleepless nights and lack of time, I think that I'm a pretty good mother and I know that I would be a great mother to two children. Nate is set on one, but only time will tell. Like I said, definitely not right now, but in the future. It's just nice to think about Gretchen having a sibling...a life long friend. My brother and I are far apart in age, and it has its pros and cons. I think that I would want Gretchen's sibling to be close in age so that they could be friends throughout childhood and hopefully adulthood. It's fun to think about those things. The future is always fun to dream about.
I'll end this post with some pictures of Gretchen smiling her gorgeous toothless grin. I hope you enjoy them. I also added week 7 photographs to the blog. You can find them here OR on the main page of the blog under "Week 7."



No comments:
Post a Comment