Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gretchen Smiles and Coos

As you've probably gathered, I'm quite obsessed with the little girl that I carried for over 9 months and now nurture and take care of every second of each day. Who wouldn't be, though? She's an absolute doll!

Although I update our online photo albums weekly (there's a link on the main page of my blog), I feel like posting some of my favorite pictures from this week. I went picture happy this week, but she's so adorable! I just want to capture every moment I'm with her, especially so that her hard working daddy and her distant family can still be a close part of her life.

Here are some pictures from our week and captions to go along with them. I hope you enjoy looking at Gretchen as much as I do. I'd like to make a special shout out to her precious big cousin, Marissa, who looks at her pictures often. Hi Marissa! I hope you're having fun with Grammy when you look at Gretchen's photos today. We love you!

Gretchen looked so funny in this position, just relaxing in the sun on our bed.

The happiest baby on the block. This picture melts my heart. I just love her smile.
Modeling one of her new Fuzzibunz Diapers (cloth). I love this little babe.

I jokingly told Nate that I was being held hostage by Gretchen one day. She wouldn't let me out of her sight, but I didn't mind. It was a Friday night and it feels good to be so needed/wanted.
Gretchen's Grammy Sawyer came to visit and she was giggly and excited before she arrived! I captured a picture and think I see a lot of Sawyer in her face when I look at this one.
On the hottest day of the year Gretchen decided that she wanted to be held ALL day long. After endless attempts to set her down, I decided that I would strap her into our baby carrier and wear her that way. She went everywhere with me!
This baby just cracks me up. Here she is on her changing table where 95% of the time she is happy and/or content. She's modeling one of her Fuzzibunz Cloth Diapers.
Here's Gretchen being burped by MiMi Perry in her new hat. I think she looks SO cute in this photo so had to share!
She certainly does get comfortable when she's snoozing.

I hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I did! All of these pictures were taken throughout June 15 to the 22.

Gretchen is smiling for reasons other than gas, although she still continues to give a big grin any time she's doing her business! She is also quite vocal and coos often. Her cries have a bit of a shrieking sound to them now, which is hard on the ears, but it's not often that we hear them (only during her colic hours).

This week we went to my former employer to visit and grab a few of my things from my desk. It was so nice to see familiar faces, gather my things, and also be able to show off this beautiful baby to all of my favorite members. I do miss working with those people and serving the members, but it felt great to be able to walk out and know that I have the best job around. My pay is higher than any salary they could offer me anywhere when I'm working as the mommy to this angel! Gretchen fussed a bit, but once I gave her a pacifier she seemed quite content and fell asleep until we got to the credit union. We also ventured out to a doctor's appointment and she did so well! I was so happy that we were able to go out two times in one week. It feels so good to get out and about. It's a small victory and one step closer to the way life will be with Gretchen when she gets older.

We hope everyone is enjoying the start to summer. It's beautiful out and we feel so blessed to be living the life we're living with Gretchen. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. You sound so happy and I am so glad you were able to get out and about. That was what made me feel best, and getting up every morning like I was heading to work.

    ReplyDelete