I'd say that avocados are definitely an acquired taste, so I didn't expect Gretchen to take to them immediately. They are also different in texture, unlike anything she's ever felt before. Avocado, when peeled, is very slippery, wet, and cold feeling. They recommend leaving some of the skin on the avocado slices that you give your child, so that they can nibble on them like slices of watermelon. However, the peels on this particular avocado were not cooperative, so it was fun just to watch her enjoy this scensory experience. A helpful tip for those that are looking to feed their child avocado: you can roll the slippery slices (unpeeled) in cheerio dust or oatmeal (anything that'll give it a rigid texture, making it easier to grasp onto). Also, another neat thing I learned while exploring the world of avocado: avocados are fruit! I always thought of them as vegetables. Alright, I know you're bored from my rambling, so here is Gretchen enjoying avocado for the first time. I kick myself, because I accidentally deleted the picture of her smiling while eating it...
No comments:
Post a Comment